Sunday, June 14, 2020

Nomination Time

Women of Literatae, it's (past) time to choose our next round of books.  In order to have another title in the pipeline by the time we "meet" in July, we need to get started.  This semester (is there a proper term for 6 months?), we will conduct our book selection entirely online.  At our June meeting earlier this week, I volunteered to facilitate the process.

Step 1 - now through June 30:
Send me your titles: by email to sakroberson@gmail.com.  Titles and authors, reviews if you've got 'em, your own personal comments.  If you're technologically gifted and want to submit a Flipgrid or some such, go for it.  A selfie of yourself with the book. As much or as little as you want.  But just title & author is fine.  I can pull reviews.

It was mentioned at this week's meeting that we should probably carefully consider our submissions this semester and avoid books that may be difficult to obtain.  With so many things shut down or operating at limited capacity, we need to take Quarantine Life into consideration.  Also, it was mentioned that we might also consider that now may not be the time to dig into super-serious titles.  These are stressful times.

Step 2 - I'll get this done by July 3: 
I'll put together a document (and/or slide show) with all titles submitted.  I'll create a paper ballot that you can  mark to sort out your thoughts.  Then I'll make a Google form that you will be able to vote on.

Step 3 - by July 12 :  
Ponder your options & vote using the Google form.

Step 4 - I'll send out results by July 14, but I'll put the grid up on July 3, if  you want to volunteer before seeing the titles.  I'll tally the votes and send out the results, along with a grid that everybody can edit to create a schedule of hosts, dessert, and reviews (keeping in mind that we aren't at all sure when we'll be meeting in person again).

My part of this is easy, as long as you send titles by June 30.  Please do.


No comments: